HAPPY HALLOWEEN!! This year Cody and I decided to do another glam theme look (you can see last years look here). We had it down to 2 different options and decided on vampires (saving the other idea for next year)! I wanted it to feel vintage with dark tones and decided on the this dress to set the tone. The colors were perfect and I loved the jacquard detailing. I also added this velvet choker (under $30) and this strappy and lace bralette to add some detailing and interest to the look. I love how all the straps layed in the back with the bra and dress overlay.
The make up was really key, thanks to my amazingly talented friends Jill and Tatum who did my hair and makeup! We used a deep bordeaux lip (this one in shade miss conduct with a black lip liner), pale makeup, a bit of glitter, and a dramatic smokey eye. And the best accessories for a more realistic look were the add-on fangs and colored contacts (how cool did this pink pair turn out?! Cody stuck to red for more of a hungry vampire look). Voila!
We have a family themed costume for tonight – a little more playful 😉 so be sure to follow along on [email protected] to see our costumes!
Cody and I did our first Facebook live last night! Did any of you guys watch? It was a lot longer than I thought it was going to be lol, sorry if we rambled! But it was so much fun! We are going to do another one this Sunday, so if there is something in particular you want to see let me know 🙂
What are you guys being for Halloween?? Do you guys have your costumes ready??
Happy Friday from New York! Cody and I are here for a quick trip for work! Lot’s of exciting things in the works for the blog and ILY! I always love NYC during the fall (or really any city during the fall haha) but it actually felt like winter had already hit! I love styling layers, so it’s the best season for fashion. I love this time of year because you can finally pull out all your cold weather gear and create so much dimension for your look.
Black and white are the two most timeless colors that never go out of style. Kate Spade New York has so many good black and white pieces right now! This wink beanie (under $100) is my favorite, I’m so obsessed! And the matching scarf with the pom-poms! Ahh I seriously went click happy adding everything to my cart when I saw all their new arrivals. I actually just got these matching socks too (under $20). Can you tell I have a problem with matching and embroidery pieces lol! Embroidery is having a moment.
Lastly this coat. I have an obsession with leather moto coats and have been looking for over a year for a warm one with shearling lining that fits good and has a luxe feel to wear in the winter. I was so excited to finally find that coat!
Below are a few more favorite accessories.
Are you guys excited for Halloween? Any big plans for the weekend? Can’t wait to take the kids trick-or-treating!
I AM OBSESSED WITH FALLLLLLLL! Seriously, I wish everyday was fall. The clothes, the weather, the leaves – I seriously can’t get enough. I think Cody has probably heard me say over 1000 times “BABE!! Look at the tree woooowww isn’t is so beautiful!” Haha it’s basically become a joke in our family. Any tree Cody will point to it and be like wow look at that tree! Or wow look at that rock! Whenever we travel and meet new people and talk about Utah, everyone’s first response is “I hear it’s beautiful in the winter!” Usually it’s skiing, snow, the Sundance Film Festival, etc. Don’t get me wrong – I love Utah in the winter, but I am a total cold wimp! You might be surprised (unless you’ve witnessed a Utah autumn for yourself!) but I think Utah in the fall is even better – and not just because I’m a cold weather scrooge. Here are 6 reasons why:
These two kill me! If you guys follow me on Snapchat you probably saw a few cute snaps of Mio in the Audi. At 120 lbs, he has a hard time fitting in most tight spaces so he’s never really been a fan of car rides but he loved the Audi! There was so much space in the back he could stand up straight and even lay down all the day. It also had the longest sunroof that extended all the way back towards the cargo space – he was obsessed with watching it open and close!
1. Family-friendly. Utah is super family-oriented so you will never run out of family activities. Pumpkin patches are our tradition and there are soooo many really different ones in Utah! From picture-perfect greenhouse pumpkin patches, to a full blown farm complete with baby piglets to a tried and true pumpkin patch with acres of pumpkins still on the vine ready to be picked – there’s even one with a teepee. I think if I keep this up I’ll have hit every pumpkin patch in Utah soon. 🙂 Whatever your style, there are plenty of options.
The baby pigs were seriously the cutest!! They would eat right out of your hand! Slash they also nip at your clothes! I was surprised pigs literally try to eat everything!
2. Mountains, mountains, mountains. There are so many different canyons right here in Salt Lake that you could spend a day up every one of them and still want to see more. They are all so beautiful and actually really unique! I love the panoramic sunroof in the Q7 – it’s seriously HUGE. It really allows you to see so much more of the mountain view and get a full feel of your views. Fall is one of the best times to hike, too. If you wait until winter the snowfall makes the trails slippery and it’s hard for the kids to walk. During fall you can venture anywhere and it’s easier (and safer!) to explore or go off-trail to capture those really cool Insta shots ;). Plus the leaves changing color up the canyon are even better closer up.
3. Which brings me to the foliage. It’s crazy how long the leaves changing colors lasts here! This year the leaves started changing up in August in the mountains and it feels like they are just starting to change down in the valley this month so you get a solid month of the leaves changing colors. I once planned a trip to Oregon specifically to catch the colorful leaves on a hike and we missed it! It’s such a small window sometimes for fall, but in Utah you can always find those leaves changing somewhere. I have a real obsession with the leaves changing colors. Cody teases me about it, but I really do take the long way home or detour randomly just to find those amazing fall colors
4. Apple picking! Utah has grown so quickly, but it used to be full of orchards everywhere. There are so many cool spots to go apple-picking with the kids, and what’s a better souvenir than something you pick yourself? We haven’t gone yet but it’s been at the top of my fall to-do list all season!
5. College football: With two pretty big schools just an hour apart, college football season is like a cult here. The stadiums with a mountain backdrop make for such a cool view and atmosphere while you’re cheering with some hot chocolate and foam fingers in hand.
6. Fall line up: Utah has some of the best outdoor concert venues I’ve been to, from a cool view of the city at USANA to a close-up view of the Salt Lake at Saltair, There’s something about that crisp fall air while enjoying an outdoor concert that makes the atmosphere that much better.
7. You can splurge or save: Since winter is considered more of the busy season, fall is a great time to visit without having to worry about the high price tags and “no vacancy” signs. There is such a variety of hotels/resorts and restaurants/eateries that you can find pretty much anything you are looking for at any budget.
8. Instagram-worthy everything: Seriously, from the food to the family activities to the sunrise and sunsets over the mountains, everything in Utah is insta-worthy. It’s a must-see!
9. It’s all just a short drive away: 80% of Utah’s population lives in a solid 1.5 stretch along the Wasatch mountains, so every activity or sight you could ever want or imagine is never more than a few minutes away – whether it’s nightlife, a mountain trail, or just good food. We loved borrowing the new Audi Q7 so we could fit all three kids and Mio and still have leftover room to staycation comfortably while we explored more of our own backyard.
Mio’s face here!!! Look at his smile lol!
The technology in the Q7 was so cool – it senses so much on the road which makes it sooo easy to drive. And with the Q7’s full suite of driver assistance systems, it feels so much safer on the road.