2.) By simplifying all other features in a minimalist look, the structure and cut of a piece becomes the focal point of a look. The biggest key to putting together a successful minimalist look is sharp lines – it makes the minimalism look intentional instead of accidental. I love the cut and lapel of this white blazer – the structure and crisp white look is understated but elegant. Also loving this long sleeveless vest for spring and summer.
BIG NEWS: Nordstrom half yearly sale just started today!! You know Nordstrom is my like one in all store so I am excited to hit up the deals (UP TO 40% OFF!). Below are a few of my favorites – I will share more this week. This sweater I wore in a couple posts ago is 40% off. I’m dying over these shoes and I just added this and this to my shopping bag.
Hats are one of my favorite accessories to wear year around. Lately the wide-brim hats and fedoras have been on constant repeat in my wardrobe. It’s a statement detail that instantly makes any look more interesting and it’s also a quick and simple addition to your outfit. The biggest misconception about hats is that only certain people can pull them off. Nothing could be further from the truth! Here are 6 tips to styling hats like a pro.
1. First things first- pick a hat that fits! It should sit squarely on your head and cover most of your forehead.
2. For a tried and true style, select hats that look like they could fit in during any season, like a classic fedora or straw wide brim hat. Those classic styles are timeless for a reason and are seamless to pull off.
3. Hat hair makes all the difference. With a wide brim hat, play up your natural hair texture when wearing your hair long and loose. A low ponytail and loose braid are other hairstyles perfect for wearing a hat.
4. Hats are no respecter of seasons. When paired with a summer dress or distressed cut-offs, felt hats can be easily transitioned into spring and summer.
5. For an effortless way to style a hat, keep the rest of your accessories and outfit details basic. A hat carries a lot of weight in your look, so taking the rest of ensemble minimal creates a much-needed balance.
6. Confidence is key. The single greatest tip to successfully rock any hat is to wear it with confidence.