I really don’t think anything is much better than being a new mom, but let’s be honest it’s overwhelming and it feels like there is a million things you need and should know. I’m sure a lot of you are experienced Mom’s, but I was the clueless Mom to be. I spent hours reading reviews and trying to figure out which products to buy. So I wanted to put together a list of products I’ve loved so far for those of you who may be feeling/felt overwhelmed and clueless like me 🙂
1. Uppa Vista Stroller
– I really love this stroller. We had tried a couple cheap ones when my step kids were little and I hated pushing it. I remember being hunched over trying to push them because the handle bars were so low, and it never turned corners easy. It was a nightmare. The Uppababy Vista is super easy to maneuver and it comes with a cute basinet. It is 100% worth the investment having something that is lightweight and easy to push around. We got the carseat
that goes with it so I don’t have to pull B out of his seat to get him in the stroller, it just snaps in.
2. Slip On Shoes – Skip shoes with laces the first couple months – you’re late to almost everything because it takes an extra 20 minutes to get your diaper bag together and load the baby. Laces are one less thing to manage if you have slip ons 🙂 These dolce vita shoes
have been my favorite post baby. They are so easy to slip on and really comfortable. I love the color too.
3. Dr. Brown’s Bottles
– So I actually just switched to these recently. Beckam was getting bad air bubbles and gas when he ate so my doctor recommended these bottles. They have a vent system that helps reduce colic and gas. Also if you don’t have gas drops make sure and get some. They are only a couple bucks at any grocery store, but those help a lot too.
– My best friend actually told me about this one and B loves it. He goes in it every morning after his morning feed and it just puts him right back to sleep. It’s like the modern swing. I got black because I assumed with babies it would get dirty but they have lots of cute colors and patterns here
. The Mamaroo has nature sounds you can play or you can plug in your ipod and play your own music. They also have a little insert for newborns
you will want to get. It just helps them fit in it better during the early stages.
5. Stuffed Animal Pacifier
– Really I just think these are cute! Having the pacifier attached to a little animal makes it easier to find inside the diaper bag. They make great shower gifts too.
6. Dreft Laundry Detergent
– Beckam has super sensitive skin (sadly one of the things he inherited from me) I tried a couple different brands but they made him break out in a rash. This one worked the best to get out spit up and stains but was still gentle enough on his skin.
7. Marc Jacobs Diaper Bag
– I wanted a diaper bag that didn’t scream diaper bag, but felt more like a purse. I loved the look of this one. It’s super light weight and spacious. There is plenty of compartments to store things and it comes with a little changing pad which is nice when your on the go. It’s also not too girly so Cody is happy with it when he’s on daddy duty 🙂
8. Aden + Anais Swaddle Blankets
– You can not have enough of these. I had one pack before Beckam was born and bought 3 more after. I use these for everything from burp clothes to swaddle blankets. They are so soft and really lightweight so you don’t over heat your baby when they are wrapped.
** Extra: Control Top Underwear: These Yummy Tummy underwear
were my favorite for holding in the bump to fit in my pants early in my pregnancy and great keeping the tummy tight after. I love these underwear because they just help form your body. Also these short ones
are great for under dresses/skirts since you bend down a lot more with babies.
** RETURNING – You may notice a lot of these products are from Nordstrom. This is not a sponsored post this is just my honest opinion. I had a situation with a pair of pants last year I got and they ripped like eight months later. Being they were one of my favorite pairs, I took them in hoping they could fix them (assuming I would be paying for the alternations). Nope, Nordstrom had a brand new pair sent out, and they were $40 cheaper eight months later so they refunded me the difference. I was shocked. I didn’t want the $40, freak I felt guilty taking it since I had worn the pants a bunch they just ripped. My point being they truly value the customer. When trying baby products some you think you will love and end up hating. A lot of times you buy this stuff before the baby even comes. Once you’ve had the baby and actually try the stuff out you realize you don’t like it and your return time frame is over. I bought everything I could from Nordstrom so if I needed to exchange anything I could. You don’t have to have a receipt and there’s not a time frame you have to return it in. I’ve had couple things that didn’t work out and I’m so thankful for their easy exchange policy.
There are so many great products out there these are just the ones that have worked for us. One thing I am still trying to find is a good soap/shampoo. With Beckam’s sensitive skin we have tried like 5 different brands and they all irritate his skin. If you have any suggestions of one that have worked for you I would love to hear!
Hope you all have a great weekend and Happy Mother’s Day to all you Mom’s and Grandma’s!