BECKAM • FAMILY • FAMILY STYLE • MEN'S STYLE • OLD NAVY • STYLE • Uncategorized
DETAILS. Burgundy Vest (size small) // Cream Cable-Knit Sweater (on sale! under $25 – size small) // Striped Turtleneck (on repeat- also worn here) // Jeans // Black Booties // Sung
- Rake, Ruin & Repeat: Rake up a big pile of leaves and then see how quickly you, your kids, or pets can erase any trace of the pile. It might not be the most productive way to rake leaves, but it will definitely be the most fun.
- Warm Up: On a cold night, warm your sheets and PJs by throwing them into the dryer. Quickly make your bed while the bedding is still warm and crawl into your little piece of heaven on earth.
- Update Your Manicure: There are too many amazing nail trends out there to stick to one look all season. I’ve currently had this color on repeat the last couple weeks (as seen in this post). I can’t wait to try adding a little spice to it with this manicure I found on pinterest.
- Think Thankful: Start a family gratitude journal or thankful tree to help you recognize how much there is to be grateful for. Save the list and pack it with your Thanksgiving decor. It’s fun to look back at the prior years as a reminder of what you were grateful for the year before.
- Kitchen Cook-Off: Pick a few soup recipes you have been anxious to try and stop procrastinating! Make a day of it by cooking and challenge friends or family to a cook-off. Just make sure everyone gets to be involved in the taste testing – that’s the best part!
- Boost Your Metabolism: Participate in a local Turkey Trot (5K or 10K) or a pick-up Turkey Bowl to make up for the Thanksgiving dinner you are about to indulge it. Some are even specifically for walking so don’t count yourself out if running isn’t your thing.
- Broken Record: In honor of Guinness World Record Day on the 15th, set out to break a world record.
- An Apple a Day: I don’t know if caramel apples will keep the doctor away, but I am game to find out. So many delicious apple recipes to choose from! Can’t wait for homemade apple pie at Thanksgiving!
- Collect Some Color: Go on the same walk three weekends in a row somewhere you can see the leaves change gradually. Collect as many different kinds and colors of leaves as you can find. When you get home, press your collection in a random book, make a leaf mobile, or create leaf rubbings.
- Update Your Candles: As the holidays are approaching, I can’t help but light a seasonal scent to start getting in the spirit. One of my favorites right now is this one under $10.
- Closet Staple: November is really the beginning of coat season. They have so many cute ones this season it’s hard picking a favorite. This one has been one of my favorite buys so far. Now I am on the hunt for a good camel one and have my eyes on this beautiful one (similar under $60 here). Vests are also a great alternative if you aren’t into coats. This burgundy one has surprisingly matched more than I anticipated. Great layer for the in between days when it’s cold in the morning and you need to shed a layer by afternoon.
Some Fun Dates for Your Calendar this Month:
November 3 – Cliché Day
November 4 – US General Election Day (Go do what so many can’t – vote!)
November 6 – Men Make Dinner Day (Hope you’re reading this, Cody 🙂
November 11 – Veteran’s Day
November 13 – World Kindness Day
November 14 – World Diabetes Day
November 15 – Guinness World Record Day
November 27 – Thanksgiving (Cheat
day week month – let’s be real)
What are you most excited for this month?
*Photo’s by JessaKae