Last year I was doing a series on fun activities to do each season. With spring in full swing I wanted to share a few things to add to your May to-do list to make the most of the beautiful weather:
- Flower power: Spring flowers are a sight to be reckoned with, especially when in high numbers. Check out a flower festival in your area. If you live in Utah the tulip festival is gorgeous and Temple Square has amazing florals as well. If a festival it’s an option in your area, explore downtown or other neighborhood to get your fill of spring flowers while they are in full bloom.
- Free your toes: Pick out a new pair of open-toe sandals. My favorite buy so far have been these ones. You can see more of my favorite Spring sandals here.
- Dine outdoors: Pick a restaurant based purely on its outside seating options. A great view and some fresh air makes any dish taste better.
- Fly kites: Does anyone ever outgrow kite-flying? We’ve had some crazy wind storm this Spring which makes perfect kite flying weather. Whether as a fun date or a family activity, grab a fun, colorful kite (you can get some for a $1) and give it a try.
- Wet paint: Update your nails with a fresh, pastel color perfect for spring. Love this shade of pink (color – fruit machine).
- Show some shoulder: Switch up your typical tops for a unique neckline by giving an off-the-shoulder style (top or dress) a shot. It’s a fresh and feminine look perfect for spring. I have this one and this one in blue and always get compliments when I wear them.
- Feed the birds: Round up some friends or some little ones to get crafty and build some bird feeders (love how this one turned out!). After all, nothing says spring like the sound of birds chirping.
- Spoil your mother: Don’t forget to show some love to the woman who has given you everything! Here’s a perfect gift that was made for her, literally.
DATES TO REMEMBER:
MAY 5th: Cinco de Mayo – pass the chips and guac!
MAY 6th: National Teacher’s Day
MAY 10th: Mother’s Day
May 25th: Memorial Day
See more of Cody’s outfit on Hello His here.
* Photos by Jessakae