COUPLE'S STYLE • DRESSES • FAMILY • MEN'S STYLE • MY STYLE • RELATIONSHIPS
So obsessed with these shoes! They are under a $100.
Cody is surprisingly really romantic. He keeps every card I’ve given him, brings me flowers home just because, leaves notes for me on our bathroom mirror in the morning, I really got lucky with him! When Cody and I were dating, he arranged an elaborate treasure hunt with cards awaiting me at each stop leading from one spot to the next: Starbucks, inside jokes, my favorite lunch spot, shopping spree, our favorite place to look over the city with a CD of all our songs, ending in dinner and cinnamon rolls waiting for me at home. It is still one of my all-time favorite dates (although admittedly I was convinced there would be an engagement ring waiting on the other end, but the cinnamon rolls were a close second 🙂
The treasure hunt was hands-down one of the most memorable dates I’ve had. Cody did it just because but I thought it would make a great Valentine’s Day date. You can adapt a treasure hunt for any wallet, whether you include budget-friendly ideas or go for the gold with extravagant ideas. Below are a few ideas to inspire your own treasure hunt this Valentine’s Day.
- FREE – Make a playlist of ‘your’ songs: There’s nothing like having all your favorite songs in one spot and this will be sure to be on repeat.
- FREE – Clues to take him/her to meaningful places from your relationship: Whether it’s where you first met or the spot of your first kiss, a walk down memory lane will be a definite hit.
- $ – Favorite drink at your go-to coffee shop: Nothing says you’re paying attention like getting your S/O’s drink order right at your favorite coffee spot. Make them proud and have their favorite drink waiting for them.
- $-$$ – Shopping at his/her favorite store: Who doesn’t dream of a shopping spree? Have a gift card waiting at your S/O’s favorite store and let them indulge a little. I’m loving Express‘ collection for date night looks right now, especially their dresses. I just got this dress and love the eyelet detail at the hem (also got this one). And I love this red fringe heel that’s the perfect festive touch for Valentine’s Day, whether you add it to your LBD or dress up boyfriend jeans.
- $$ – Pampering: Whether it’s a massage, manicure/pedicure, or another one of their guilty pleasures, your date won’t refuse an opportunity to unwind.
- $-$$$ – Dinner at his/her favorite restaurant: If you’re S/O’s favorite restaurant is one you save for special occasions, there’s no better time than the present (or Valentine’s Day 😉
- FREE-$$$$ – For an extravagant treasure hunt, go big by checking off items of your date’s bucket list. Whether it’s free or something more adventurous like skydiving, swimming with sharks, or a helicopter ride, it will be a truly unforgettable date.