COUPLE'S STYLE • DRESSES • FAMILY • MEN'S STYLE • MY STYLE • RELATIONSHIPS
The Valentine’s Gift They Won’t Forget
So obsessed with these shoes! They are under a $100.
DETAILS: BLACK FIT AND FLARE DRESS | BLACK TURTLENECK | RED FRINGE SANDAL HEELS | SILVER HOOP EARRINGS | SUNGLASSES | RED GUCCI CLUTCH (SIMILAR HERE) | LIPSTICK (COLOR: RUBY WOO) | SILVER WATCH
CODY: BLACK WOOL BLAZER | WHITE PRINT BUTTON DOWN | DENIM (SIMILAR HERE) | BLUE LOAFERS (OLD – SIMILAR HERE) | SUNGLASSES (SIMILAR HERE) | NAVY WATCH
Cody is surprisingly really romantic. He keeps every card I’ve given him, brings me flowers home just because, leaves notes for me on our bathroom mirror in the morning, I really got lucky with him! When Cody and I were dating, he arranged an elaborate treasure hunt with cards awaiting me at each stop leading from one spot to the next: Starbucks, inside jokes, my favorite lunch spot, shopping spree, our favorite place to look over the city with a CD of all our songs, ending in dinner and cinnamon rolls waiting for me at home. It is still one of my all-time favorite dates (although admittedly I was convinced there would be an engagement ring waiting on the other end, but the cinnamon rolls were a close second 🙂
The treasure hunt was hands-down one of the most memorable dates I’ve had. Cody did it just because but I thought it would make a great Valentine’s Day date. You can adapt a treasure hunt for any wallet, whether you include budget-friendly ideas or go for the gold with extravagant ideas. Below are a few ideas to inspire your own treasure hunt this Valentine’s Day.
- FREE – Make a playlist of ‘your’ songs: There’s nothing like having all your favorite songs in one spot and this will be sure to be on repeat.
- FREE – Clues to take him/her to meaningful places from your relationship: Whether it’s where you first met or the spot of your first kiss, a walk down memory lane will be a definite hit.
- $ – Favorite drink at your go-to coffee shop: Nothing says you’re paying attention like getting your S/O’s drink order right at your favorite coffee spot. Make them proud and have their favorite drink waiting for them.
- $-$$ – Shopping at his/her favorite store: Who doesn’t dream of a shopping spree? Have a gift card waiting at your S/O’s favorite store and let them indulge a little. I’m loving Express‘ collection for date night looks right now, especially their dresses. I just got this dress and love the eyelet detail at the hem (also got this one). And I love this red fringe heel that’s the perfect festive touch for Valentine’s Day, whether you add it to your LBD or dress up boyfriend jeans.
- $$ – Pampering: Whether it’s a massage, manicure/pedicure, or another one of their guilty pleasures, your date won’t refuse an opportunity to unwind.
- $-$$$ – Dinner at his/her favorite restaurant: If you’re S/O’s favorite restaurant is one you save for special occasions, there’s no better time than the present (or Valentine’s Day 😉
- FREE-$$$$ – For an extravagant treasure hunt, go big by checking off items of your date’s bucket list. Whether it’s free or something more adventurous like skydiving, swimming with sharks, or a helicopter ride, it will be a truly unforgettable date.
*Photos by JessaKae. In collaboration with Express.
I’m also obsessed with your heels. They’re gorgeous and really help to add a vibrant pop of colour to your outfit 🙂 X
Beautiful and simply timeless in every angle of look. Just fabulous! 🙂
La Bijoux Bella | by mia
Beautiful dress and heels<3
Shall We Sasa
I love your photography and if I had a man I would so do this treasure hunt lol!
I love those shoes!! And what beautiful flowers!!
Her Heartland Soul
I love this outfit and the shoes!
pretty dress and love the shoes!
The treasure hunt story is so romantic! I love this couple’s shoot, you both look great!
I love how you wore all red with hints of red! Such a fun look for Valentine’s Day! Great ideas for dates too
Those heels are gorgeous!
These are great suggestions! You 2 are so cute together!
great ideas for Valentine’s Day <3
you two look just great! And these photos are amazing!
I like how you gave the Valentine’s day ideas for every budget! Also loving the dress and red heels!
Ohhh Waaao your heels looks damn
Love the pops of red!
Liz @ ShoppingMyCloset.com
Thanks for including ideas to fit all budgets! I also have done scavenger hunt dates in the past, and they are always so fun and memorable! A great V-Day idea!
This dress looks fantastic on you! Happy Vday.
Love your blog post and outfits! Both of you look great too 🙂
It’s a cute idea to wear a turtleneck under a strappy dress I would have never thought of that!
Amazing dress and heels!
Kisses from http://poshnessary.com ❤
These are so adorable!! Love the all black with red accents <3
Love this whole look – from the shoes to your cute top knot! I feel like when I do a half top knot it just looks like poop on the top of my head haha but it looks great on you!!
What a gorgeous, GORGEOUS post! I find long-sleeved dresses so elegant and the lace just adds to it! And don’t let me get started on the heels. As a ginger, I have always grown up staying away from red up until recently (I have been trying it out more!) and these heels definitely help 😉 LOL! SO pretty – & fun!
On top of that…I love the treasure hunt idea. I have heard of it a bunch but never actually seen someone write about potential ideas…. so way to go! I’ll have to show my hubby haha! Thanks for sharing. I am a new follower and I look forward to seeing more!!
Beautiful couple, I love your dress and heels. So perfect for Valentine’s day!
I am loving that dress!!
Absolutely obsessed with your dress and heels!
Oh wow! Amazing photos and such an incredible outfit ideas for guys and girls! Thanks for an inspirational post!
These ideas are so fun and I love that some of them are free because they really can mean the most! And I can I just say that I am totally obsessed with your shoes in this post! The color, style, everything!!
Simply Rachel Nicole
love this look! your hair looks great! 🙂
Wow the shoes are amazing ! xxx
So cute! Love your dress and you hair looks so pretty!
OMG! LOVE <3
Love your top knot and the pretty lace detail! Gorgeous photos.
Wishes & Reality
love this post! I think we should use a beautiful dress and heels
love the photos and such a lovely couple!!
What’s in my bag?!! http://www.sincerelyeman.blogspot.com
I am obsessed! Love how you layered the dress with a turtleneck.
Love your shoes!!
The Heels Are Amazing. And The Date cody prepared for You is a Dream.
Lot of Cute ideas for Valentines Day
Pretty outfit!! Love the red shoes and bag!!
Love those heels!! So stunning! xo
This is so adorable.
Such a cute post. Amazing pictures. 🙂
Oh fantastic shoes! Take a peek at this pair of red shoe too : the best portuguese stilletos.
You guys are an adorable couple:)
I love this post! First of all, those heels are beyond sexy and gorgeous on you! And your ideas are perfect!! Love the treasure hunt! Xo
You guys are the cutest couple… I love it!! My boyfriend started reading Cody’s blog ever since I showed him. He loves it! Love this post Christine, xo!
Love the heels!!!
Hands down, my husband’s favorite dates ever, regardless if it is just a Tuesday night or our anniversary – a home cooked meal with good music playing in the background followed with a cuddle session on the couch with one of our favorite movies. Though I do enjoy dressing up 🙂 I love this black look with red touches!
Adore this look! You and your husband are so cute, I love the black outfits with the pop of red!
Are you two adorable or what?!?! Those shoes are gorgeous and PERFECT for V-day♥
In love with those heels! To die for!