Recently I had the opportunity to try out TEMPTU’s airbrush system and I am completely obsessed. It gives such a natural even coverage to create that flawless photo finish look. Today I am excited to share with you guys a make up tutorial using highlights to create a “natural glow”. I was inspired by Phillip Lim’s iridescent texture at this S/S Runway show where he created the perfect translucent glow.
Today I am going to try and recreate some of my favorite elements from the look using an iridescent highlighter. To start you will want to pick a highlighter that is 1-2 shades lighter than your natural color. I choose TEMPTU’s AIRpod Highlighter in Champagne. It is pretty light but I love the soft shimmer in the hue.
STEP 1: Lower Power
After you have applied your foundation and blush drop the power on the TEMPTU system to 2 or 3 o’clock. You will be applying the highlighter about 1 to 2 inches from your face, so you want the lower pressure so it doesn’t get blotchy.
Step 2: Highlight
You will be highlighting five areas on your face to create definition and glow:
* Brows: Highlight below the brow bone along the hairs of your brow
* Corner of your Eye: Apply a small centimeter circle in the inner corners of your eye to attract light to your eyes
* Bridge of your Nose: Depending on the shape of your nose, will determine the width of the highlight. If you have a wider nose apply a thin straight line down the center of your bridge to slim the width. If you have a slim nose apply a wider highlight to exaggerate the width.
* Cheeks: Cheeks can be a 3 step process. After you have applied blush to the rose of your cheek, highlight above your blush from the rose to the outer corner of your eye almost creating a semi circle. If you want to accentuate the bone more and create depth apply a bronzer below the blush in the shadow of your cheek bone.
* Lips: We all love the look of a soft plump lip! Highlight around the outer rim on your lips before you apply liner and this will create light and volume. You can also apply a splash of highlight to the center of your bottom lip to create additional plumpness.
Step 3: Tada you are done!
The highlights will emphasize your features for a natural glow.
Do you TEMPTU? The TEMPTU airbrush system really makes highlighting so much easier and more professional looking. Right now you can click here
to get a special discount on the starter kit.
Below is a basic breakdown on where to highlight:
For a more thorough tutorial on using the TEMPTU Airbrush System to create highlights see my how to video below:
If you have any questions feel free to leave a comment and I’m happy to answer 🙂
Be sure to vote for my look on Fashion Indie for a chance to win an all expense paid trip to NYC for the ultimate beauty make-over.
Thanks for your support!