Beckam is 5 months old today! Yesterday my husband and I were saying how he’s already starting to look like such a little boy. Time is just flying by. I wanted to do an update of some of the baby products we have been using as of late (you can see my newborn baby essentials here).
1. Fresco Bloom Highchair – This was probably one of the things I was most excited about. I saw this on a few blogs before I had Beckam and was really excited to get one. I love the modern futuristic look. You can recline it all the way back so they are horizontal laying down or sit them up. If you start using it before they are 6 months you will want to get this little snug to support their neck and back. The kids loving having it at the table so B can sit next to them while we eat instead of having him on our laps.
2. Bumbo – Beckam loves this. We take it outside with us when we are sitting on the patio, or I set it on the bathroom counter next to me while I’m putting on my makeup. It’s really lightweight so it’s easy to move around the house wherever we need it. They have so many cute colors here.
3. Basic White Onsies – If you follow me on Instagram you probably notice B wearing these in 80% of his pictures. When he was first born I got him ready in super cute outfits all the time, then at about 2 months I realized how fast he grows through his clothes and how easily they get ruined. Don’t get me wrong I still love to dress him up, but honestly 4 days out of the week this is all he wears during the day.
4. Activity Mat – Another one of his favorites. We always joke he’s the little running man. He kicks his legs like crazy when he’s laying on his back. I loved the piano at the end of this one. Every time he kicks a key it makes a noise and there is little toys that hang down for him to play with. I keep this one in my room so when I need a few minutes to get ready or take a shower I just lay the mat on my bed or on the bathroom floor and he’s entertained for about 15 minutes. Sometimes if I’m lucky I get 20-30, but usually it keeps his attention for more in the 15 minute range.
5. Diapers – I switch back and forth between the Honest diapers and these Pampers. We have tried multiple brands and these have had the best success with blowouts and avoiding leaks. The giraffe print on the Honest ones are my favorite! If I had a girl I would love these.
6. Wipes – My favorite wipes so far have been Huggies. I like the little texture on them it wipes up the bum better and I don’t have to use as many wipes. Surprisingly this is actually one of his favorite toys too lol. Because it crinkles so much when it moves he loves to play with the package.
7. Organic Farm Buddies – B started teething a couple weeks ago and I had a hard time finding some sort of toy to help alleviate the pain. I got one of these cute stuffed animals as a gift and I thought it would just make a cute stuffed animal, but the second I gave it to him he started gnawing on the legs and arms of the cow. It’s the perfect width for him to get his gums on it and bite down. All their animals are 100% organic, super soft and lightweight so they are easy to carry around. It’s become his favorite little toy, we take it everywhere with us.
8. Carrier – We have two different carriers. This one and this one. My husband overall prefers this one. I like it when we are hiking and stuff, but at home I prefer this one. I like it because it keeps B closer to my skin so it feels like I am still holding him. I also use this one going for basic walks or at my office when I need my hands and can’t carry him. I have the mint and grey stripe one.
9. Body Wash – A couple months ago I did a post asking for your input on a good body wash. B was breaking out in all sorts of little rashes every time we gave him a bath. Thank you all so much for your suggestions and help! We tired a lot of them and ended up falling in love with this Honest Soap and this Noodle and Boo bar. These have been the only two products that don’t make him breakout. I know every babies skin is different, but those have worked best for us.
Also a lot of you have been asking for tips on traveling with infants. I love the idea! I’m going to put together a post in the next couple weeks and share a few things I’ve learned from trial and error 🙂
Thanks so much for reading!