Wine Cardigan (under $30 – size medium) // Grey Long Sleeve Tee (sized up to medium -wanted oversized) // Distressed Jeans (run true to size) // Black Ankle Booties (true to size) // Delicate Pave Bar Ring // Pave Square Ring // Honeycomb Stud Earrings
October through December is my favorite time of year. It’s full of holiday traditions and my favorite clothing season – sweaters and layers! Below is a list of things we love to do in October.
11 THINGS TO DO IN OCTOBER:
1. Pumpkin Picking – October wouldn’t feel complete without a trip to the pumpkin patch. It is one my favorite traditions – something my family has been doing since I was little and we have continued with our kids. We end up going a couple times each year because I just love the tradition. Some pumpkin patches have corn mazes and hay rides, making it a fun family destination.
2. Hello Starbucks PSL – Treat yourself to a pumpkin spice latte! If you aren’t much of a coffee person, ask for a few shots of the pumpkin spice syrup to add to your drink of choice, like cocoa or chai tea.
3. Giving Back – October 16th is World Food Day, the culmination of World Hunger Action Month. Take a moment to collect some food or donate to a local food bank.
4. Fall Polish – Break out those darker hues for your next manicure. How pretty is this color?
5. Decorate Pumpkins – The hunt for the perfect pumpkin is only half the battle – decorate your pumpkin to your taste, whether it be grim or glam. You can see my DIY Glitter Pumpkins from last Halloween here.
6. Rock a Deep Red Lip – Although there are great lipstick selections for every season, fall is the perfect time to rock the deep red lip. Don’t let the opportunity slip by without puckering up with a classic bordeaux hue. I just got this one in brandy.
7. Get spooked – Because no list would be complete without mentioning a good, old-fashioned haunted house. Some local amusement parks offer a kid-friendly version adopting a Halloween theme and tons of related activities during the month of October. (Utah residents be sure to check out Frightmares at Lagoon.)
8. Fall Recipe – Bake something pumpkin. Bake anything pumpkin! (Sorry to those of you who don’t love pumpkin. I am realizing a pumpkin trend in this list 🙂 My favorite recipe to bake in October is pumpkin chocolate chip bread. For all of the fun and not so much work, I use this pumpkin bread kit and add an assortment of chocolate chips. It’s really easy and one of my kiddos favorites. For more advanced pumpkin recipes, here are 25 pumpkin recipes to try.
9. Frightfest – Personally, I hate scary movies so even the thought of a horror movie freaks me out. For a healthy dose of horror, tune in to ABC Family’s 13 Nights of Halloween. If you can handle something a little more intense, AMC’s Fearfest runs the last two weeks of October with all your classic horror flicks.
10. Snuggle Up in a New Sweater – It’s that time of year- sweater weather! Now is the time to snag the best new trends before your favorite sizes and styles are sold out. In case you missed it, here are nine of my favorite sweaters under $50.
11. Trick or Treat – You are never too old to dress up!
Some Fun Dates for your Calendar this Month:
October 14 – National Dessert Day (I’ll celebrate to that!)
October 16 – Boss’s Appreciation Day (your chance to brown nose your boss a little)
October 16 – World Food Day
October 18 – National Chocolate Cupcake Day
October 27 – National Beer Day
October 29 – National Cat Day (meow – snuggle up to those cute little felines)
October 31 – Happy Halloween!