Camel blazer (size 2 – limited sizes in stores – more online) // Grey tee (men’s size small) // Distressed jeans (have these under $20 version) // Red lip // Grey booties (also love this pair and just got these ones) // Blue handbag (also loving this sale bag!)// Gold chain watch
We have all been in situations where we are left scrambling to pull a look together at the last minute. You ruined your outfit on your way to an event or got off work late and don’t have time to change before a date. Or, in my case, you get a phone call from your husband saying we are doubling with his colleague in 20 minutes. For some reason those calls always seem to come when I am least prepared: running errands in sweats and sneakers without a trace of make up and no time to run home to change.
In such moments of desperation, I know I can flip my look around by making one quick pit stop at Target to grab a few affordable basics. The key to selecting these staples is to choose something you could, and would, wear on repeat.
- Lipstick: A bold lip is the quickest way to give an ensemble an evening feel. It also does wonders in distracting onlookers from noticing your lack of make up by brightening your face
- Blazer: Is there really any other piece that can make a graphic tee or hoodie seem more appropriate for a night out? This camel blazer was a great find – one that I knew would get a lot of wear despite being an impulse purchase.
- Jeans: Although you might prefer a skirt or dress to take your transformation to a new level, jeans are a foolproof, no-hassle alternative.
- Heels: A pair of pumps instantly elevates any outfit. Maybe it’s just me, but I always have a pair (or 4) floating around my car for those just-in-case moments.
After these few adjustments, no one would believe that you had only 20 minutes’ notice. And isn’t that point? 🙂
* Photos by JessaKae Photography. Special thanks to Target for sponsoring this post. Compensation was provided by Target via Mode Media. All thoughts and opinions are my own and are not indicative of Target.