After the long, cold months of winter, we’re all inevitably drawn to the bright colors typical of spring and summer. Toning things down with your makeup means you can go all out with the rest of your wardrobe and accessories without going overboard. To keep your complete look from reading too 80s sitcom, switch out your dramatic makeup from something more natural. The contrast of neutral makeup against a bright ensemble will leave your look both subtle and season-appropriate.
1. Eyebrows bear the brunt of the burden for pulling off a successful neutral beauty effect, so treat them as such! A soft filler in the right color (2 shades lighter than your hair color, according to most pros) is all you need for bold but natural-looking brow. Because I have ombre hair I go for a shade lighter than my root color. My go to is this eye brow pencil. The entire collection is amazing but this eyebrow pencil and this brow wax primer are my go to’s. The wax primer keeps the fly aways in.
2. Bronzer and illuminator (I really like this one and this one) will work overtime to give your skin that effortless glow and natural-looking contour. Even if I don’t have foundation on I like to bronze my cheeks for a quick color. I have used this one since high school. This one if great for contouring because it blends easy.
3. A little eyeliner goes a long way, but a little white liner goes even further. A subtle application will brighten your eyes instantly while still maintaining that ‘all-natural’ effect. Apply the white liner to the inner corner of your eyes.
5. Every woman can pull off a nude lip. I am obsessed with this gloss (color: turkish delight). I swear by it because I feel like it looks good on every skin tone. It also looks great as a finishing gloss over lipstick if you want a little shine. My other go to lip color is this pink shade (color: saint germain) it is the color I have worn in most of my pics recently. It’s a soft pink that looks great with your neutral wardrobe.
6. I don’t wear eye shadow very often but when I do I opt for a shadow with out shimmer. This is my favorite natural palette. I use the cream tones to highlight my brows and the light tan and browns for my lids.
There will be a new post every day this weekend so tune in for more Saturday and Sunday. See a guide to Men’s Swimwear on Hello His today.