Whenever I pour a cup of coffee in preparation for a late night, it takes me back to good ole college days – I couldn’t have survived my college days without coffee and my favorite Coffee-Mate Classic Vanilla flavored creamer – I’m a lotsa creamer kind of girl 🙂
Whether you’re a mother, professional, or student, we all have those nights we have to stay up after the whole city seems to have gone to sleep. I’ve found it can be one of the most productive work times for me undistracted by the world around, so I wanted to put together a list of some musts for you other late night owls (and let’s face it – we’ll all be there at one point!).
- Quiet Workspace. A calm work environment is, in my opinion, one of the perks of working late at night. Without distractions you are already at an advantage. If you can’t stand the silence, turn on your favorite relaxing playlist.
- Bright bulbs. Light signals your brain to stay alert so a well-lit work space is a must to get your best work done late at night.
- Coffee. Need I say more? If you have leftover coffee from your late night long haul, pour your leftover coffee and creamer into an ice cube maker to make coffee ice cubes for a cold treat the next day. [Not a coffee drinker? Try mixing Coffee-Mate’s flavored creamers like Caramel Macchiato or Toll House® Chocolate Chip Cookie with a tea latte or other hot drink.]
- Get comfortable. Crawl into a pair of cozy pajamas to work in comfort.
- Stable schedule. Sleeping in too long after a late night will throw your entire schedule out of whack. Wake up at your normal time the next morning to stay on track.
- Don’t sit still. Stretching or other quick exercises boost your heart rate and get your blood pumping again. I try to take a break every couple hours and just walk outside for some fresh air and reboot.
What are your favorite flavored creamers to dress up a cup of coffee?