As we get older we all seek that “youthful glow” and often turn to makeup for the answer. But if we aren’t careful our make up routine can actually be adding age instead of taking it away. Below are a few makeup tips to help create that youthful fresh face:
1. Hydrate. As anyone would tell you, the first step to getting that youthful glow is to stay hydrated. On top of drinking water, moisturizer is a non-negotiable. Long, hot showers strip the skin of its moisture and protective oils so try to limit your showers to 10 minutes or under. Studies have shown if you apply your moisturizer with in three minutes of exiting the shower it helps lock in the moisture. I have used this one since I was in high school I like it because it’s light weight and doesn’t make your skin feel really oily.
2. Conceal. Whoever said diamonds were a girl’s best friend must have had flawless skin. While shade is one of the obvious factors in picking our a concealer, consistency is another one to focus on. Wax-based concealers tend to seep into fine lines and wrinkles, unlike click-cream concealers which don’t, but still offer the same coverage. Plus, the click-technology keeps concealer from drying out and becoming too thick or clumpy. This one has been my favorite for years. It’s a beauty must have.
3. Blend. From fingers to brushes, the options for blending foundation are plenty. One of my favorites is using a sponge. Lightly wet your makeup sponge to keep it from absorbing too much of the makeup and to thin out your foundation. The result is perfect, sheer coverage. (If you buy two at a time they are half the price 🙂
5. Lift. Eyelashes flatten with age so while you might not be in the habit of curling your lashes, start cozying up to the idea. Even if you skip mascara, you can open your eyes up with a quick curl of the lashes. I just ordered this one which had great reviews.
6. Line up. We all have black eyeliner sitting in our make up bag. Set that aside and opt for a dark brown. Black eyeliner tends to make your eyes seem smaller. Instead, soften your liner with a more subtle and sophisticated color, like brown. Brown makes you look younger and isn’t as harsh as your typical black. Use a soft hand and slight wing to make eyes seem wider.
7. Lengthen. Typically we seek volume when looking for a mascara but length is the keys to making your eyes seem wider and more open. Look for a thin wand so you can easily coat each lash. This mascara is amazing.