Who says make up routines should take all morning? Some of the best looks can take the shortest amount of time. Practice a few quick techniques to achieve a beautiful bold look in just a few minutes. The trick? Play up a single feature.
1. Skin – Who doesn’t want their skin to glow? One of the all-time hottest makeup looks is youthful, dewy skin. When your skin is the focus, keep the rest of your makeup minimal to really pull off a fresh face.
After moisturizer and primer, apply a translucent foundation then illuminate. I have used this NARS stick for years, and just got this one that is part of the limited NARS Nordstrom Exclusive collection. It has a nice pink love the glow it gives my skin. Finish this effortless look with a swipe of mascara, and a dab of color to your cheeks and lips.
(*image via Pinterest)
2. Eyes – A dramatic cat eye, once mastered, is one of the fastest ways to bring a little bit of drama to the eyes.
- First angle your liner, uncapped, from the side or your nostril towards the outside corner of your eye. Lower the tip of your liner where it lands and swipe down toward your lash line.
- For a night out, consider bold geometric eyeliner instead of the traditional cat eye. Love this liner for a beautiful velvet matte finish.
- Don’t think you have to stick to brown and black, either. Liner in contrary colors will draw attention to your eyes
(*image via Pinterest)
3. Eye Lids – It might seem daunting, but eye shadow is actually one of the most forgiving forms of makeup.
- – Application doesn’t have to be perfect – there’s no wrong move that can’t be blended out into a beautiful cat eye. This palette has the most amazingly rich shades. Don’t forget an eyeshadow base it makes a huge difference in the length your shadow stays on and enriches the color.
4. Lips – Ah, the timesaving lifesaving bold lip. First things first, choose a color that works with your complexion. As a general rule of thumb, true red is a universally flattering shade. For fair skin – cherry red undertones; medium/olive skin – orange undertones, dark – deep or brown undertones.
- For longer wear? Dust powder foundation on your lips before application.
- For more definition? Put highlighter on your cupid’s bow and in the center of your bottom lip, also don’t forget lip liner! Love this one.
* Special thanks to Nordstrom for sponsoring this post.