ADVICE • COUPLE'S STYLE • DRESSES • FAMILY • FASHION • LIFE • MEN'S STYLE • MY STYLE • REAL TALK • RELATIONSHIPS • SPRING
5 Ways For Busy Couples to Make Time For Each Other
DETAILS: SUEDE LACE-UP DRESS | WEDGE SANDALS (ALSO LOVE THESE) | CHANEL BAG (BLACK CROSS BODY UNDER $30 HERE) | WATCH
CODY’S OUTFIT: COLORBLOCK CHAMBRAY BUTTON DOWN | DENIM (BUY 1 GET ONE < $30) | WHITE SNEAKERS
Between the blog, working on ILY, and being a mom, my days can get pretty packed sometimes. Cody’s schedule is the same way and our down time usually involves binge watching netflix. So during an especially crazy week we try to make a habit of breaking away from whatever we have going on and making time for us. We love going out to eat, so we we like doing lunch dates so we have time to our selves. We have our tried and true favorite restaurants but we also love branching out and trying new places. We also have a “no phone” policy during meal times so we can really enjoy our time together. It was really cool, a couple weeks ago we were at dinner at Ruth Chris and the manager came up to us and said it’s so nice to see a couple laughing and enjoying their time together so many people spend dinner on their phones. It’s funny because it’s become such a habit for us we don’t think about it anymore, but it’s such an easy way to connect with your significant other.
It’s funny how life gets so chaotic sometimes that you actually have to carve out time with your significant other. Below are 5 other great ways to make time for each other when you both have a busy schedule:
- Plan ahead: I know it might seem obvious, but if your schedule starts filling up make sure you coordinate your schedule so you can figure out a time that works for both of you. We always try to plan date nights ahead of time, whether its meeting for lunch, catching a movie together, or a dinner date. Planning ahead also gives you something to look forward to and a chance to dress up. I just got this flirty suede dress that is perfect for day or night.
- Time Block: I have started time blocking my days and it makes a huge difference being effective with my time. Set the timer for things you need to get done, work, cleaning the house whatever it is and you are ten times more effective. I have seen a huge difference in my day and effectiveness.
- Find something you love to do together: There’s nothing wrong with having your own hobbies, but finding one you can share together is a great away for you both to relax and unwind while spending time together.
- Learn to turn it off: Whether it’s work, school, or whatever responsibilities you have, learn to turn it off every once in a while. That might mean disconnecting from the world and banning phones, or just setting a work curfew. Cody and I both decide on a time we have to power down the computers and stop working for the night. If something doesn’t get done, we just wake up early to finish it.
- Getaway: It might mean you pay the price for taking time off the week before and after, but it is so worth it. Plus the time spent planning and leading up to the trip means even more time to spend together and is half the fun. Even if all you can swing right now is a weekend staycation, there’s no better way to guarantee time together than getting away.
What are some of your favorite ways to make time for each other?
Great tips. Me and my boyfriend are so busy all the time and I have a random schedule that it’s hard to find time for each other. We also do have a no phone policy as well. I feel so bad for the couples that just sit on their phone while eating dinner.
Sooooo beautiful and so true. Digital devices seemed to have broadened and buried our life with chaos. Bringing back the basic principle of life is a gracious and an absolute essential thing to have in our life . . . And you are absolutely just the proof of that! So delightful! Great blog post! 🙂
La Bijoux Bella | by mia
Love this post! I completely agree with the whole no phones during lunch/dinner policy. It’s so simple but so important. Such a lovely post. xx
I love this SO much! This post hits very home for me <3
I love the idea of a lunch date while the kids are in school. My husband and I do that every once in a while. So worth it!
Taffeta & Tulips
Oh I love that lace up bodice!!! All so true, though. It’s not about how much time you have, it’s about making sure you allocate it so that when you do have time you can spend it together.
Sara Kate Styling
I love these tips! Thanks for sharing.
Such a great post, beautiful photos and super stylish couples’ outfits! 🙂
I love these! My hubby and I are super busy too and I think that it is so important to make time for each other no matter what! 🙂
Simply Rachel Nicole
This color looks amazing on you! So pretty with your hair color <3
Such cute pictures, and awesome tips. 🙂
Super cute dress! I was in express and debated buying this dress! Staying off of my phone is something that I am working on! It’s an extremely bad habit!
These tips are really awesome, especially learning to turn off… it is so important to be present with your with anyone especially your partner!
Thanks for sharing!
Beautiful post! I love the energy you and Cody have, it’s such a pleasure seeing you two! And thanks for all the tips, that never hurts 🙂
Red Lipstick Optional
These are all great tips! I think so many times couples–even myself and my husband–get caught up in playing catch up at work and and home and forget the importance of spending one on one time together. Thanks for the reminder!
XO, Jaime | RegallySoled.com
I love both of your outfits!
I love spending time with my husband. We work really hard to leave one day per week that is unscheduled. It doesn’t always happen but when we do, it leaves time for the two of us to enjoy relaxing time at home or sneak away for a day trip somewhere.
Heyy, Loved these tips and your blog. Please check out our customized rhinestone t-shirts, we do designs for women and men. Thanks x
You both look adorable! These are great tips as well. Especially planning ahead. Looks like a lovely lunch. Hope you all had fun!
What a cute post! I love the idea of an afternoon date. My husband and I do that on Saturdays a lot and its my favorite. I am tired and basically ready for bed by 8pm so the afternoons are way better. I need to time block too! (and your outfit is adorable!)
Hi lovely. I love your posts and your adorable family. I was wondering if you be kind to tell me what blog website ur using and what theme is your blog? Thanks love 🙂
Lunch looked amazing!! It’s funny how we shift our focus based on how hungry we are. I’m sure by now you’re probably beginning to realize….I’m starved lol. I still managed to see how happy the two of you look. Great shots. Very sweet. Thank you for sharing with us
Love these tips! I just started a blog and have noticed how important it is to set aside very intentional time together!
My husband and I make it a point to at least have one meal together everyday! Thanks for your tips.
You are so right on eveything! My bf studies in another city and visits every weekend so I try to get everything done on weekdays and have the weekend to spend with him 🙂
Hope you have a nice day xo
Love the sweet tips. My husband and I can get a bit consumed with work and end up binge watching tv on the couch before bed, we defiantly need to plan more. LOVE your dress!
I love this post! You gave me inspiration by putting the couple outfits and then your tips right after! Great idea!