*In collaboration with Waterl<ss.
Waterless beach days
We’ve been on a chalk spree lately and we’ve really been missing the beach so I thought it would be fun to bring the beach to us! Even with my faux beach days, stay at home life has got me getting ready less and going longer between washing my hair. Now is the best time to start training your hair to go longer between washes!
Whether I wear my hair up in my signature messy bun, a sleek low pony, or down with full, loose waves, there’s one thing all good hair days have in common – second-day hair! A little bit of natural hair oil and a goodnight’s sleep will make your hair more manageable and give it more natural volume, so it’s really that magic number for good hair days, even beyond day 2! I started using this new dry shampoo because I love their backstory. A couple years ago, Cape Town was months away from running out of clean water so Waterl<ss developed this product that allows you to clean and condition your hair without using a single drop of water. Such an amazing concept for this crisis but also for water preservation around the world.
Here are some hacks for getting away with skipping your shampoo for healthier hair:
- Dry shampoo! Every girl’s best friend! This is one thing I always, always have on hand – at home, in my cat, in my gym bag, when I’m traveling- it’s a must! (Can’t wait to go to the gym and travel again!!) It’s the foolproof way to keep your hair from getting greasy between washes and can actually add a little volume too. I’ve been using Waterl<ss No Residue Dry Shampoo and it smells amazing! They have different options depending on whether your hair is fine or thick – it also dries really quick and doesn’t leave any residue. They also have a fragrance collection, conditioning, and styling collection. Their cute little travel sizes are perfect to throw in your bag and go. (Quick tip: use dry shampoo before a workout or a beach day, instead of after – it will help absorb any sweat or moisture to prevent it getting greasy, instead of just managing it after.)
- Use dry shampoo at night. Spray your roots at night with dry shampoo at night to help absorb moisture while you’re sleeping – that’s actually when your scalp produces the most oil! When you wake up, just brush through and it will feel freshly washed.
- Keep your hands to yourself. It can be a hard habit to break but try to train yourself to avoid running your fingers through your hair. The more you touch your scalp, the more oils will be released and the greasier it will start to look. (Same goes for brushing! Focus just on the ends when you brush through your hair, not the roots!)
- A Silk Pillowcase. People swear by silk pillowcases for a million skincare reasons, but it’s also great for your hair. It causes less friction, so you are more likely to wake up with ready-to-go bedhead, instead of frizzy hair or knots. It also helps extend the life of your blowout or styled hair for longer.
- Add moisture as needed. If your hair tends to dry out between washes, add moisture just to the ends. You can apply an oil or a dry conditioning spray to your ends to make them more manageable.
Let me know if you guys have any other hacks for maximizing your good hair days! Let me know if you guys have any other hacks for maximizing your good hair days! You can grab products from the Waterl<ss collection online on their website.