Obsessed with this necklace!
Confidence comes in waves, but it’s something I think is contagious. When you are around the right type of confident people they usually are lifting others up and their energy is contagious. When you think of a confident woman in your life who’s the first person who pops in your head?
It’s something I am always trying to work on, some days it comes naturally and other days I’m giving myself a pep talk. We all know the days when we are our own worst critics, and sometimes it’s hard to get out of that funk, but here are 6 easy things I do when I’m having an off day to try and switch my mood and confidence.
- Stop The Negative Talk. I was actually reading a recent study and it said POSITIVE self talk is the greatest predictor of success. The study showed that people didn’t need to be reminded how to do something as much as they needed to tell themselves they are doing something great. We are all guilty of it from time to time, but stop yourself next time you catch yourself saying something negative, walk to a mirror and say 3 positive things about yourself.
- Serve others. If I’m having an off day, I always ask myself, what have I done to help someone else today or this week? And usually I haven’t! So whether it’s helping someone, encouraging someone else’s dream, writing an email to someone you look up to or admire, step outside of yourself and look at ways to help others.
- Jewelry. And I’m not just talking your go-to pair of earrings. Go big! I love layering lots of pendants and chains to make even the simplest outfits more beautiful. I wish I had taken a before pic, but think about it – jeans and a tank is effortless and easy, but layer on some beautiful high-quality jewelry and it instantly feels more elevated. You guys know how obsessed I am with Missoma – they are my number one jewelry brand. All their pieces are such amazing quality. I just got these pieces from their new collection. I honestly can’t recommend this brand enough. I always have at least one of their pieces on. And when you have your beautiful necklaces on, it draws attention to your shoulders and neckline (which I cover in point 5). So if your posture is on check, your confidence is shining.
- A bold lip. I always feel more confident when I have a bright or moody bold lip on, and my eyes are always drawn when I see other women out sporting their beautiful bold colors. So excited for fall to be able to pull out some moodier shades!
- Check your posture. Even if it’s as simple as looking more people in the eyes. How often are we all hunched over our phones walking around. Put the phone down, straighten your shoulder, raise your head and look people in the eyes.
- Wear matching underwear. Ok ladies can you relate to this?? I’ll be honest it is a miracle if I can find two socks that match, but when I put on a matching bra and underwear set, I feel more confident.
What are some things that make you guys feel more confident on days when you are feeling off?
*In collaboration with Missoma.