Nothing is more frustrating then having your makeup wear off midday, especially when you have a full night ahead. Sure we might go more dramatic at night, but that doesn’t mean we have time to start over from scratch. The key to taking your beauty look from day to night is all in the foundation so I wanted to share a day-to-day makeup look and how I transform it to night using Rimmel London’s Lasting Finish 25 HR Foundation as the base.
DAY: I love fresh face for day, so a great moisturizer, primer, and foundation are my main tools in the morning.
- Start with a clean, bare face.
- Add primer for a smooth base and long-lasting wear to get you through both day and night. I used this one.
- Apply foundation. I love this one because it has built-in sunscreen too .You are building everything on foundation, so you’ll want something that stays put. Rimmel London’s Lasting Finish 25 HR Foundation is as long-lasting as the name suggests. It has a natural matte finish which is great for a lightweight and natural look and is also a perfect base for building a more dramatic look at night. (For this tutorial I used shade 300.)
NIGHT: What I love about this foundation is that I don’t have to reapply or touch it up before going out for the night. It is long-lasting and full coverage so transitioning to night with a more dramatic look is quick and easy. Contouring is one of my favorite techniques to amp it up before a night out. Follow these tips to transition your look from day to night.
1. Highlighter: Use a lighter shade of your foundation or concealer for natural looking highlighter (I used Rimmel London’s Lasting Finish 25HR Foundation shade 100.) Apply to the bridge of your nose, above your cheekbones, under your eyes, and your forehead to emphasize where light would be reflected naturally. I also have dark lines around my mouth I apply highlight as well.
2. Contour: A liquid contouring product is great for precision. If you are still on the hunt for the right contouring shade, 2 shades darker than your foundation is generally a safe place to start. Before you apply and start blending, map out your contouring beforehand. Focus on your hairline, the hollows of your cheeks, along the bridge of your nose, and along your chin and jawline.
3. Be prepared to blend. The right tools are everything when it comes to contouring. I swear by the beauty blender for applying all my liquid makeup. Tip: dampen the sponge so it holds a little bit of moisture. It will apply more smoothly plus it doesn’t absorb your makeup when you apply it.
4. Don’t forget to add a bold lip in your favorite share and a little shadow to finish the transition from a fresh face to a glam look for the night.
Voila! An easy way to take your day makeup to night with a long-lasting foundation.
Whether I’m traveling or have a busy day at work I love how the 25 hour foundation lasts all day from day to night.