When Target challenged me to consider my style resolutions for the upcoming year, I didn’t think twice. I am a full believer in setting goals. Cody I have a journal we write down our personal, financial, and random goals we want to achieve over the year. When it came to my closet here were my top five:
- Take better care of my clothing: I recently forgot to spray a pair of shoes with the water and stain protectant before I took them out in the snow and completely ruined them. Grrr! Sometimes in the excitement of making an addition to my wardrobe I get too impatient and just throw them on the second I open the box, but I need to remember to take the time to care for it properly before, during, and after. I also want to start getting some of my pieces tailored. I love the oversized laid back look, but this year I want to take some of my favorite pieces to get them altered for the perfect fit.
- Trend to try: I have never hesitated pairing sneakers with a nice sweater or blouse, but this year I set a goal to make even my dressier looks more functional by pairing more unique pieces together i.e sneakers and a dress (already have this one) to get that sporty minimalism look.
- Give my feet a break: Since B has gradually become more mobile I have noticed a shift in my wardrobe. I hate to admit it, but it’s become fewer heels and a lot more sneakers. Although I will never give up my heels, I plan to give my feet a break by wearing sneakers and flat boots (or at least boots with lower heels if I can’t help myself 🙂
- Get organized: Yikes this one scares me! My closet is a hot mess no less than 90% of the time but I am hoping to turn over a new leaf this year.
- Stop hoarding: Instead of waiting for spring cleaning, I have already jumpstarted this resolution by majorly dejunking. I am setting a goal this year to minimize what I have and to get rid of what I have already accumulated that doesn’t get used. If you haven’t worn it in the last year – let it go! You won’t wear it!
It isn’t too late to set your own style resolutions if you haven’t already.
After your list of practical ‘should-dos’, throw in some fun resolutions. They might be a little easier to stick to than the rest. 😛 Start by paying attention to the styles you are drawn to and figure out ways to make them your own.